The Garriga Law Firm
The Garriga Law Firm has a reputation throughout the Midland-Odessa, Texas and New Mexico legal communities for aggressively fighting and obtaining recoveries from corporations and insurance companies on behalf of accident victims in personal injury cases and families in wrongful death cases. The Garriga Law Firm is well-known to provide effective, aggressive and honest legal representation.
About the Founding Partner
Mr. José Luis Garriga has been practicing personal injury and wrongful death law for over 30 years. In 1988, Mr. Garriga received his law degree from the University of Houston and became a member of the State Bar of Texas. Mr. Garriga later became a member of the State Bar of New Mexico and State Bar of Florida. Mr. Garriga has dedicated his entire legal career to the representation of individuals and families in personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Bar Memberships and Courts of Practice
- State Bar of Texas (1988)
- State Bar of New Mexico (2009)
- State Bar of Florida (1992)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas (1994)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas (1998)
- United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit (2003)
- Texas Supreme Court (1988)
- New Mexico Supreme Court (2009)
- Florida Supreme Court (1992)
Professional Certifications and Achievements
- Board Certified Personal Injury Trial Law*
*Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1995 to present)
- Texas Super Lawyers (2005-2012 & 2014-2018)
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum – The Top Trial Lawyers in America
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Ector County Bar Association (Past President, 2001-2002)
- State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee—District 15 (2006-2012)
Over the course of his career, Mr. Garriga has recovered millions of dollars for his clients, including several multi-million dollar jury verdicts. In 2003, Mr. Garriga won the largest actual damage wrongful death jury verdict in Texas and the United States which exceeded 163 million dollars.
Fighting for Justice
For over 30 years, Mr. Garriga has fought insurance companies and big corporations and has brought justice to the people and families he represents. Mr. Garriga realizes it’s difficult when you or a loved one becomes a victim of an accident. During such a difficult time, individuals and families should not be left alone to protect themselves against corporations.
The Garriga Law Firm provides expert legal representation and aggressively pursues compensation for people and families in personal injury and wrongful death cases throughout the Midland-Odessa, Texas and New Mexico areas.
The Garriga Law Firm works on a contingency fee basis. This means that if there is no recovery in your case, you are not obligated to pay any attorney’s fees. For a free case evaluation, contact The Garriga Law Firm today.
OVER 30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
The Garriga Law Firm serves individuals and families throughout Texas and New Mexico in many different types of personal injury and wrongful death cases involving:
- Trucking/ Semi truck accidents
- Oilfield accidents
- Drilling rig accidents
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Explosion accidents
- Electrocution accidents
- Fall accidents
- Structural collapse accidents
- Trenching accidents
- Drowning accidents
- Burn injury accidents
- Product liability cases
- Spinal cord injury accidents
- Amputation accidents
- Head injury accidents
- Neck injury accidents
- Shoulder injury accidents
- Knee injury accidents
- Leg injury accidents
- Broken bone accidents
At The Garriga Law Firm, we have a simple philosophy:
- Develop trusting relationships with the people we represent and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Be compassionate towards each client and help them through this difficult time in their lives.
- Fight aggressively for each client and obtain the justice they rightfully deserve.
Our focus is you and your best interests. We provide personal attention to each individual we represent. Our motto, “Justice is for those willing to fight,” demonstrates our commitment to pursuing your case to trial or appeal, if necessary, to obtain the justice you rightfully deserve.